Andrew P Krause
Andrew P. Krause
Bio and background coming soon.
Law Offices of Krause & Hirschhorn, P.C. (formerly Law Offices of Krause & Hirschhorn, LLP, Law Offices of Andrew Krause & Associates, Law Offices of Krause & Romero, Law Offices of Andrew P. Krause)
General practice including juvenile delinquency defense, general civil litigation, criminal defense, restraining orders and real estate.
Juvenile delinquency defense practice: contracted with Conflict Defense Associates to represent all indigent juvenile delinquency defendants from arraignment through adjudication. Represented minors at specialty courts (Solutions Court, a program designed for minors with mental health issues and Drug Court, a program designed for minors with substance abuse issues). Appeared at over ten thousand juvenile delinquency hearings including arraignments, pleas, violations of probation hearings, trials, sentencing hearings and any other hearings required to defend a minor. Tried numerous juvenile delinquency matters ranging from misdemeanors through serious and violent felonies. Negotiated thousands of plea agreements with the judges of the Juvenile Delinquency Court, the District Attorney’s Office and the Probation Department.
Civil litigation practice: representing clients in all aspects of their matters including: drafting and answering initiating documents, drafting and responding to all motions including Demurrers, Motions to Strike and Motions for Summary Judgment, Writs of Mandamus and other various motions as needed. Engage in all aspects of discovery from Form Interrogatories through Motions to Compel. Take and defend depositions, appear at all hearings as required and argue all civil motions before the court. Negotiate on behalf of clients. Try cases as needed.
Criminal defense: represent clients from arraignment through trial, appear at all hearings including arraignment, Early Disposition Conferences, Pretrial Conferences, all motion hearings, sentencing hearings and trial. Research and draft all necessary motions as the facts of the case require. Attend probation interviews with clients; negotiate with judges of the Superior Court and the District Attorney’s Office. Try cases as needed.
Family Law: Domestic Violence restraining orders, including custody orders, orders for child and spousal support, and stay away orders. Have prepared petition for dissolution of marriage.
Ventura County Public Defender’s Office Felony Trial Attorney
2000-2001. Represented indigent defendants from arraignment through jury trial.
Kern County Public Defender’s Office Felony Trial Attorney
1997-2000. Represented indigent defendants from arraignment through jury trial.
- California Bar: Admitted 1995
- Michigan Bar: Admitted 1997
- Real Estate Broker: Admitted 2004
- National Association of Realtors: 2005-present
- Ventura County Bar Association: 2001-present
- Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association: 2015-present
- California Public Defenders Association: 1997-present
- Ventura County Criminal Defense Bar: 2000-2009
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
Juris Doctorate: 1992-1995
- Wayne State University
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science: 1989-1992
- Small Claims Court: Procedures and Practice (2hrs)
- Small Claims Court: Consumer and Substantive Law (3hrs)
- Unlawful Detainer (3hrs)
- Family Law: Custody and Visitation (2hrs)
- Family Law: Determining Income (1hrs)
- Family Law: Child and Spousal Support (2hrs)
- Family Law: Characterizing Property (1.5hrs)
- Family Law: Dividing Property (2hrs)
- Family Law: Calendar Management in Family Court (1.5hrs)
- Judicial Ethics for Temporary Judges (3hrs)
- Bench Conduct & Demeanor for Temporary Judges (3hrs)