Robert C. Hirschhorn
Robert C. Hirschhorn
Robert C. Hirschhorn is a West Coast kid at heart but with a New York attitude. He spent his younger years growing up in New York City and later moved to San Diego in the 1980s. He has lived, worked and played in Ventura County for the last 18 years.
Mr. Hirschhorn combines 22 years of extensive trial experience with skill and integrity to aggressively represent his clients and he obtains outstanding results in even the most difficult cases. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, accessible and experienced.
Mr. Hirschhorn not only communicates effectively with his adult and juvenile clients, but he also has the ability to communicate his client’s specific interests/needs and/or goals to the court, opposing counsel and to jurors.
After graduating law school in 1996, Mr. Hirschhorn was hired by the Kern County Public Defender’s office in Bakersfield, California. As a trial attorney for the Public Defender’s office, Mr. Hirschhorn obtained numerous acquittals and dismissals on behalf of his clients in a wide variety of felony and misdemeanor cases. He spent the majority of his tenure as a Public Defender in Kern County representing adults charged with serious and violent felonies.
Feeling the need to move back to the coast, Mr. Hirschhorn moved to Ventura County in 2001. He was hired as a trial attorney for the Ventura County Public Defender’s office. During that time, he had the opportunity to sharpen his litigation and negotiating skills through countless jury trials, court trials and other hearings. Mr. Hirschhorn was assigned to represent adults and juveniles charged with both misdemeanors and felonies.
As a trial attorney for the Public Defender’s Office, Mr. Hirschhorn earned his reputation as a respected trial attorney and a zealous client advocate.
In 2006, Mr. Hirschhorn left the Public Defender’s office with the confidence to open a law firm that could provide exceptional legal services in a cost-effective and creative manner while remaining committed to achieving each client’s individualized goals.
When not at work, Mr. Hirschhorn enjoys spending his free time with his family taking full advantage of Ventura County coastal living. Some of his favorite hobbies are fishing, kayaking and eating out. He also enjoys strolling and dining in downtown Ventura or playing at the beach.
Robert C. Hirschhorn's Bio
Licenses & Associations
- Criminal Defense: Felonies, Misdemeanors, DUIs.
- Juvenile Delinquency Defense: Felonies, Misdemeanors, Infractions, DUIs.
- Civil Litigation: Personal Injury, Contract Disputes
- Admitted to California State Bar: 1997
- Law School: California Western School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Ventura County Bar Association
- Ventura County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- Pacific Juvenile Defender Center
- Ventura County Public Defender's Office (Felony & Misdemeanor Trial Attorney);
- Kern County Public Defender's Office (Felony & Misdemeanor Trial Attorney);
- Conflict Defense Associates (Felony Trial Attorney).